Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale. ~Elsa Schiaparelli
Chocoholics rejoice! This chocolate shake recipe is fantastic! You don't even realize you are eating an avocado! All you know is that you are tasting that smooth and creamy texture along with an amazing chocolate flavor. The benefits of eating avocado and raw cacao are incredible! Avoacadoes are loaded with vitamins like K, C, E and potassium, and are a healthy fat. Cacao powder contains antioxidants, magnesium, calcium and a natural mood enhancer. You can feel great about drinking this shake and know that it's not only delicious; it's so good for your health!
- To freeze bananas, make sure they are very ripe and on the edge of going bad because they will be the sweetest, peel and wrap them in plastic wrap overnight
- I use the single mixer with the Ninja, but you can use any blender you have, put in the frozen banana, ripe avocado, almond milk, cacao powder, protein powder and vanilla
- Blend until really smooth, you can add more almond milk if it's too thick.
- To make chocolate ice cream, just use less milk, then scoop into a glass container with a cover and freeze overnight.
- Enjoy the best chocolate shake ever!
You can substitute fruit for the chocolate and make your own flavor! You also do not have to use the protein powder, it's nutritious without it as well.